Subscribe to N6408C Bearhawk 4 Place Builders Log

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Instrument Panel

I received the new instrument panel from Aerotronics last week.  Jason Smith was the lead technician and his team did a fantastic job building my panel.  I requested this panel IFR capable.  The AviDyne IFD-540 (WAAS GPS) makes that possible. 

The EFIS is the Dynon Skyview HDX with its own GPS, engine monitoring, ADSB in & out, ADAHRS and Magnatometer for complete attitude instrumentation. 

We also opted for the iPad mount with cooling fan. 

It's beautiful!





There were two specific functions I wanted for my panel:  1) Hinged for easy future access.  2) 30 Degree forward tilt for a more relative line to the pilots eyes.

I was pleased to have I accomplished both!

I attached a hinge with flush rivets to the bottom edge of the panel.

I then attached the panel on the counter side of the hinge with adele clamps to the cross member tube.

The result is perfect!

To secure the top of the panel I attached a small aluminum pipe with padded adele clamps to the rear of the Avidyne 540 and also to the frame cross tubes.  I used a short rope to limit the tilt.  Panel is now secured at both the bottom and the top/rear with no additional hardware and screws to its face making for a clean look!





No comments:

Post a Comment