Subscribe to N6408C Bearhawk 4 Place Builders Log

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Eliminating the D Window...

This turned into a bigger job than I wanted.  I decided not to use the kit provided "D window" assembly and go for a more modern look.  (To me, the D window says Pacer or Super Cub). 

All of the fabrication took place on the port side of the fuselage.  Whatever I ended up with was copied and cut from the cargo door on the starboard side. 

The process I used involved a single piece of .05 aluminum as the frame.  I layered or laminated additional pieces of .032 aluminum for build up.  Finally I finished it off with aluminum angles attached to the inside for strength. 






Attaching the fabric interior liner



Lexan cut and installed with protective coating remaining until final installation

Same cut out on the cargo door




No comments:

Post a Comment