Subscribe to N6408C Bearhawk 4 Place Builders Log

Friday, June 1, 2018

Preparing for the delivery of the Bearhawk kit

Friday June 1, 2018

Today is the big day!  Delivery of the Bearhawk 4 Place kit will happen this afternoon.  Last evening I finished setting up the long skinny two car garage for its new occupant.  I also completed the fabrication of the fuselage rotisserie and feel pretty good that I built it right.  It will need some fine tuning and I will get exact measurements when the frame arrives to mount the tail section and firewall, but that shouldn’t take very long.  So once the fuselage is mounted to the rotisserie, the building begins!  




My first tasks will be mounting the rudder pedals and rig the cables.  Basically everything that needs completed prior to covering the fuselage.  I will probably cover all of the control surfaces first, then start covering the fuselage.  I am using the Stewart Systems non volatile fabric covering and paint technology.  When I began researching fabric covering systems, I was looking for something that was low oder, low fumes.  Not only did the Stewart Systems solve that concern, an added benefit I discovered was the ease and simplicity of the fabric installation.  It's a completely water based system that can be installed without gloves or masks.  AND...  It's much cheaper then the poly fiber and solvent based systems!  http://www.stewartsystems.aero/benefits.aspx  

Video of the evening before delivery...  Prepping the garage:



No comments:

Post a Comment