Subscribe to N6408C Bearhawk 4 Place Builders Log

Friday, July 6, 2018

Unexpected Fix for Both Trim Tabs

Well, I didn't expect this one...  The trim tabs are both built into the elevators from the factory.  Before covering the elevators, the trim tabs need to be cut out.  Simple enough.  After covering the elevators, I also covered the trim tabs separately.  But, when reattaching the trim tabs to their respective positions on the elevators, I discovered a fitment conflict.


So, I it's time to remove the covering and perform some surgery


Removed the fabric and marked my cut locations.  I will use the upright portable band saw to make the cuts.

Cuts have been made.  Tracing new sheet metal to fill the new void

Tacked in place

After a visit with the grinder.  Prepped and ready for primer.

Primed along with the amputated pieces

Both trim tabs recovered.  Will they fit?

YES!




No comments:

Post a Comment